Content is always the King :- It’s important to remember that no matter what your subject matter is, your content has the potential to reach a large audience and help your company beyond the SEO benefits.
- Do not rewrite any article. Look up for the top ranking articles in Google for the topic you want to write about and come up with even better piece of content.
- Meta descriptions are 150 character descriptions of your content and are excellent opportunities for optimization. Make sure your content has meta descriptions with keywords included.
- Having duplicate content is a major no-no for search engine optimization, so don’t just “copy and paste” content from existing sources. Make sure your content is fresh and original.
- Do not target more than 2 or 3 keywords for a single article.
Maintain Healthy Social Profiles :- Social Media has become the most popular medium for people to connect and communicate online. And lots of website owners and bloggers drive traffic from them. People also share the best things on social sites.
- Make a website page on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
- Post your updates daily at a time when maximum users are expected to be online.
Make Links to, and from Reliable Websites :-Backlinking was just becoming a very spammy work. Many were creating link farms to earn money which has no value. Google thus released updates like Panada and Penguin to kick them off.
- Do not make more than 2 links from the same domain name.
- Try not to do reciprocal linking as this is sometimes viewed as spammy by Google.
- Try to put the link into an article rather than sidebar so that only 1 page points towards your site.
Most Important Tips
- Do keyword research with Adwords Tool to find best keywords to target.
- Pick up the highly searched and low competitive keywords.
- Use Plugins like WordPress SEOto work on On-page optimization.
- For more features and better optimization use premium plugins like SEO Pressor.